This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tom’s of Maine. All opinions are 100% mine.
I have a confession to make. Giving up my conventional deodorant has been my biggest battle. Switching out my other skin care products for more natural options was easy compared to my deodorant.
But have you looked at the label of your current deodorant? Mine contained a list of ingredients I can't even pronounce and a few very scary warnings:
- Ask a doctor before use if you have a kidney disease.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If swallowed, get medical help of contact a poison control center right away.
And yet I still didn't give it up. Why you ask?
Well, because I sweat. Plain and simple.
I get nervous, I sweat. I talk to a stranger, I sweat. I walk outside to get the mail, I sweat.
So you can see why I was clinging so tightly to my clinical strength deodorant.
I was willing to trade the health risks of conventional deodorant for momentary dryness. (But to be quite honest, even the strongest deodorant couldn't keep me dry.)
Why I Finally Switched
I have tried multiple natural deodorants over the last few years, but they just didn't do the trick. I appreciated that they were natural, but they didn't control the odor at all.
Recently I was sent Tom's of Maine Long Lasting Natural Deodorant to try and see what I thought. This is their new formula with 24 hour natural odor protection. I really like the Natural Powder and Wild Lavender scents. I passed on the unscented to my son, who is just starting to need deodorant. (and I haven't smelled him since.)
What I love about Tom's of Maine Deodorant
- Tom's of Maine Deodorant contains no aluminum, petrochemicals, parabens or artificial fragrances or preservatives.
- I love the Natural Powder and Wild Lavender Scents.
- They have a rating of “1” on the Skin Deep Database which is awesome!
- Their deodorant offers 24 hour protection using natural odor-trapping zinc.
- Tom's of Maine gives back 10% of their profits to helping people and the planet.
- The packaging is fully recyclable.
What I wasn't so sure about
Tom's of Maine deodorant is just that, a deodorant. It will keep you from stinking up the place, but it will not keep you from sweating. If you are super worried about staying dry, you may need to choose a different option.
If you REALLY want to use natural deodorant, to help with the wetness, try applying a little bit of arrowroot powder after applying the deodorant. This is a great natural way to help combat wetness.
Transitioning to Natural Deodorant
If you are struggling with switching to a natural deodorant, an armpit detox may help. Like me, you've probably spent decades rubbing and spraying conventional deodorant under your arms. A detox might just be in order. Here is a simple detox recipe using apple cider vinegar and bentonite clay. It has helped many transition to a natural deodorant.
It may take a few weeks for your body to adjust to natural deodorant, but it will be worth it!
More Information About Tom's of Maine
To learn more about Tom's of Maine's new deodorant formulations and scents, you can find them here:
- Website: Tom’s of Maine
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TomsofMaine
- Twitter: @TomsofMaine https://twitter.com/tomsofmaine