Homemade skincare products can be tricky. What does each oil do? How will it work on your skin? Moringa seed oil is a favorite of mine as it can really work for a combination of needs. I have two great DIY recipes for your face and hair.
For someone with troubled skin, it can be tricky creating homemade serums and creams. You just never know how your skin is going to react to new ingredients.
That's why I am starting a new blog series spotlighting individual ingredients. We will dig deeper into each ingredient to help you decide if it will work for your skin or be avoided.
And we're starting with Carrier Oils!
I am so excited about this first one!
Moringa Seed Oil
Moringa Seed oil comes from the Moringa olerifera tree that grows native in many subtropical climates. It is so commonplace an herb that in many Caribbean countries, Moringa grows in every ditch. Moringa is also known as the miracle tree due to its numerous and broad-ranging medicinal benefits.
As Moringa contains powerful antioxidants, it’s seed produces a topical oil that may rival any chemical ingredient.
Moringa is also known to help acne-prone skin but it is perfect for dry, oily and combination skin as well.
Benefits and Uses
This skin perfecting legend offers the following benefits to enhance your overall beauty:
- Retains the moisture content
- Softens while smoothing
- Best for treating rough and dry skin
- Boosts rejuvenation and repairing of dull and aged skin
- Inhibits the growth and propagation of free radicals, which might cause cancer
- May retain and stabilize collagen count
- Gets rid of blackheads and pimples
- Halts the recurrence of blemishes
- Pulls out dirt from the root layers of skin
Hair & Scalp Benefits
- Moisturizes the scalp
- Makes your hair stronger than ever before
- A tough combatant of dandruff and hair loss
- Treats split ends and make your hair healthier
How to Use Moringa Seed Oil?
For nourishing the skin, simply apply a small amount of moringa seed oil after washing your face.
Moringa seed oil can also be added to many skin care recipes including:
- Face creams
- Anti-wrinkle serums
- Lip balm
- Hair products
- Shaving lotions and oils
Here are a few ways I love to use this carrier oil:
Are you excited about this oil? How will you use it first?