DIY frankincense face cream is the perfect anti-aging skin care you can trust. Non-toxic and all natural, you will love using this face cream daily.
If you haven't used frankincense on your skin, you are missing out.
It is the bomb when it comes to anti-aging skin care!
Why Use Frankincense in a Face Cream?
By promoting cell generation and fighting inflammation, boosting skin health and reversing the “normal” signs of aging, frankincense has earned the title of “King of Oils” in the aromatherapy community. Applied topically it can improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks, and other outward skin conditions, and it can be used to make a natural perfume or cologne.
But that's not all…
Frankincense is one of the oldest and most versatile essential oils on the planet. Frankincense oil comes from the resin of 4 different types of trees which grow in northeastern Africa and along the Arabian Peninsula.
The resin used to produce frankincense oil is very aromatic and is used in incense and perfumes. It is widely used in religious and cultural ceremonies; frankincense reduces stress, fights inflammation, improves the digestive process and can help physical wounds and scars heal quickly.
Sweet Almond Oil is one of the most popular carrier oils because of it's smoothing, nourishing, and moisturizing properties. It is a must in many DIY face cream recipes.
Coconut oil is protecting and great for most skin types as well.
DIY Frankincense Face Cream
See measurements and a printable version below.
Combine all ingredients except essential oil in a small bowl.
Mix quickly to fluff the mixture up and combine ingredients well. You can use a hand mixer as well.
Add in Frankincense oil and stir to fluff mixture again. You'll know you are done when you create little peaks with the mixture.
Store in a small airtight container out of direct sunlight.
Apply generously to face and decollete area for desired skin improvement results.
- Combine Almond oil, Coconut oil, Beeswax (melted), Vitamin E oil, and Shea butter into a smalldish.
- Mix well and mix fast to give it a little air and to “fluff” the ingredients.
- Whipping and fluffing can be done easily with a stand mixer if you have one on hand.
- Add in Frankincense oil and stir to fluff mixture again.
- It will be fluffed sufficiently when you are able to create little peaks with the mixture.
- Store in a small airtight container and keep in a cool dry environment out of direct sunlight.
- Apply generously to face and decollete area for desired skin improvement results (keeping special care to not get any product into your eyes.)
If making a Frankincense cream is a little daunting for you, check out this Anti-aging Salve Recipe that also has the benefits of Frankincense and Elderflowers!