Soothe your skin after a day in the hot sun with this DIY Anti-aging After Sun Lotion Bar Recipe infused with Essential Oils!
Full disclosure here: I LOVE the Sun!
I believe for optimal health, everyone needs some safe sun exposure every single day. It is the best way to get Vitamin D and there's nothing like feeling that warm sun on your face.
With that being said, I have not always been the best at knowing when enough is enough.
Sun safety is an important topic that is often overlooked by many. With summer here, it's a great time to remind everyone that the rays, while they may feel warm against our face, too much can actually cause damage by sunburns that can be prevented!
After a day of being in the great outdoors, if you happen to notice that your skin on your face is looking a little red and feeling a bit dry, the truth of the matter is that you're too late…
Sunburns can be painful, peel, and cause health issues such as nausea and tenderness if bad enough. Not to mention, sunburns on your skin repeatedly can lead to other issues, including the possibility of skin cancer.
Why not protect your skin from the beginning?
And while it's important to protect our faces and skin with sunscreen, it's also just as important to keep in mind to use a natural sunscreen over one that is full of harsh chemicals.
My Favorite Natural Sunscreen
Why natural sunscreen? Natural sunscreen is gentler on your face and skin, while also giving it a bit of moisture as well. Plus, it's free of harsh chemicals.
I also recently tried their tinted face sunscreen and I love it. Not more ghost face. 🙂
In my opinion, it's one of the best natural sunscreens out there and I've tried many. It lasts for up to 80 minutes and uses 100% zinc oxide as a natural ingredient. It actually helps to moisturize and smooth your skin as well!
When You Forget to Re-apply Your Sunscreen
But…what happens if those sunburns happen accidentally due to lack of wearing sunscreen or failing to reapply at the appropriate time? There are a lot of remedies out there that can soothe a sunburn.
Try taking a cool shower to relieve a bit of the pain, stay hydrated with liquids to keep your skin full of moisture to hopefully not dry out as quickly, and try to use aloe vera if possible to relieve some of the burning sensations.
And you're definitely going to want to whip up this DIY Anti-aging After Sun Lotion Bar Recipe!
Anti-aging After Sun Lotion Bar Ingredients:
- Rosehip seed oil is excellent for sensitive skin because it penetrates deeply, but doesn’t leave skin greasy. It also helps to speed up the regeneration of damaged skin cells. It’s also rich in omega 3,6, and 9.
- Castor oil soothes skin quite well, but it is more well known for its humectant properties, drawing moisture deeply into the skin and providing intense lubrication.
- Avocado oil is extremely nutritive and is composed primarily of Vitamins A and E as well as essential fatty acids. It penetrates very deeply.
- Prickly pear seed oil is super rich in amino acids and helps to stimulate natural collagen production in skin cells, helping them replenish much faster. It is also a free radical scavenger.
- Red raspberry seed oil is very quickly absorbing and non-greasy. It’s a fantastic source of Omega 6 and is very rich in ellagic acid which is very powerful antioxidant. Red raspberry seed is also known to be very nourishing, like a natural meal prepared by a nutritionist – but for skin!
- Frankincense essential oil prevents scars, tames wrinkles, soothes and promotes skin regeneration.
- Lavender essential oil helps with dry skin, wrinkles, stretch marks, soothes inflamed and itchy skin, good for sensitive skin and damaged skin of any kind.
- Helichrysum Essential Oil helps to repair damaged tissue, and soothes irritated red skin.
- Peppermint essential oil is cooling and soothing to the skin.
- Melt first 4 ingredients in a double-boiler / Pyrex water bath until just melted.
- Remove from heat
- Stir in red raspberry seed oil, prickly pear oil and essential oils and pour into 2 oz push up containers (or 2, 1 oz containers) and cap immediately so essential oils don’t evaporate.
- Once cool, rub on anywhere that needs a little soothing
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Anti-Aging After Sun Face Balm Step by Step Tutorial:
Melt first 4 ingredients in a double-boiler / Pyrex water bath until just melted.
Pour into 2 oz push up containers (or 2, 1 oz containers) and cap immediately so essential oils don’t evaporate.
If you are looking for an effective DIY Anti-aging After Sun Lotion Bar, this is the one for you.
Fun bonus recipe! If you liked creating this lotion bar, then you'll love this recipe as well. This new lotion bar recipe helps repair your skin's barrier and I have another recipe you might enjoy!
Get that sunkissed glow without all the skin damage and try out this bronzing lotion bar that will make it look like you spent a day at the beach!